Local 442 has its own YouTube Channel, click on this link to take you there; http://www.youtube.com/user/Local442Videos/videos
There you will find videos related to our Training Program.
The piping apprenticeship is a five year program where you will earn as you learn. The starting pay is over $16.88 per hour and you will receive an upgrade every 6 months which will include a nearly $2.00 per hour raise.
Along with the on-the-job training you will attend school two nights a week at our state of the art training center.
Ask Yourself These 3 Questions?
- Do you like a change of scenery every once in awhile?
- Do you like to work with your hands and your head?
- Would you like a career with a real sense of accomplishment!
APPRENTICE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Ø APPLICANT MIMIMUM AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD. Proof will be required at time of application.
- Ø All applicants must possess a high school diploma, high school proficiency certificate, or General Education Development certificate. In addition, all qualified applicants must be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
- Ø Applicants must be physically able to perform all work of the occupation. A physical examination may be required by individual approved employers. If a physical examination is required by an employer, the cost shall be at the expense of the employer.
- Ø Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test paid for by the committee.
- Ø Applicants must possess a valid California Drivers License at the time of indenture.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILLED OUT ON OCTOBER 8, 2014
BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
AT THE TRAINING CENTER OFFICE
THE TEST IS GIVEN ON THE SAME DAY AT 10:00 AM.
TESTING WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 94 APPLICANTS
THE WRITTEN EXAM CONSISTS OF READING COMPREHENSION, FIGURE VISUALIZATION, MECHANICAL ABILITY AND BASIC MATH. YOU MUST OBTAIN AT LEAST 75% TO PASS.
APPRENTICE TEST STUDY GUIDE
PART ONE: READING COMPREHENSION
This part of the test consists of reading a 5 page typed article in 15 minutes. You will then have to answer 25 true or false questions from memory.
PART TWO: FIGURE VISUALIZATION
You will have to look at a two dimensional pattern and envision what it would look like if folded on the dotted lines.
PART THREE: MECHANICAL ABILITY
You have to look at some illustrations and answer short questions about them. Questions on leverage, direction gears are turning, or on area.
PART FOUR: MATH
The math part of the test is worth 50% of the test. It includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, long division, addition of fractions, subtraction of fractions, multiplication of fractions, division of fractions, converting percentages to decimals, and you must know how to convert improper fractions into proper fractions (lowest terms). You must also know how to read a tape measure.
Take to the third decimal place, no remainders.
1. 976.87 divided by 6.78= 2. 6/64 + 9/32 = 3. 14 5/8 – 12 3/4 = 4. 1895 x 456=
5. 6’ 8” = ___inches 6. 1/3 x 3/4 = 7. 2/3 divided by 3/4 =
8. 16 divided by 3/4 = 9. Change 1/8 into a decimal 10. Change 35% into a decimal
11. 12 x 1/3 =
3. 1 7/8
8. 21 1/3