Central Valley-Motherlode Pipe Trades Training Center
4842 Nutcracker Lane, Modesto, California 95356
Phone #: (209) 338-0758
Central Valley Pipe Trades Training Center has its own YouTube Channel, click on this link to take you there;http://www.youtube.com/user/Local442Videos/videos.
You may also want to follow us on Facebook! Central Valley Pipe Trades Facebook Page
The piping apprenticeship is a five year program where you will earn as you learn. The starting pay is $20.03 per hour and you will receive an upgrade every 6 months which will include a $2.00 per hour raise.
Along with the on-the-job training you will attend school two nights a week at our state of the art training center.
Ask Yourself These 3 Questions?
- Do you like a change of scenery every once in awhile?
- Do you like to work with your hands and your head?
- Would you like a career with a real sense of accomplishment?
Apprentice Application Process
- APPLICANT MINIMUM AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD. Proof will be required at time of application.
- All applicants must possess a high school diploma, high school proficiency certificate, or General Education Development certificate. In addition, all qualified applicants must be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform all work of the occupation. A physical examination may be required by individual approved employers. If a physical examination is required by an employer, the cost shall be at the expense of the employer.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test paid for by the committee.
- Applicants must possess a valid California Drivers License at the time of indenture.
We want you!!
You will receive one extra point on our application process for each year served active duty, after receiving at least a 75% on the application test.
To apply you will need to turn in a completed application to the training center office
September 27th – 30th between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Applications are available at our website or at the training office, please bring in your filled-out application along with a valid ID at the time stated above. You may only take the application test every 6 months pass or fail. Please see our website for a more dates and times.
Testing will be on October 12th and 13th; you will be emailed your date and time.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 WHO APPLY
The written exam is 100 questions and consists of reading comprehension, figure visualization, mechanical ability, and basic math. You must obtain at least a 75% to pass. Testing will take approximately 3 hours
You may only apply to this apprentice program every six months, pass or fail
We will be taking applications in January, April, July and October of 2022, check here for precise dates and times.
Apprentice Test Study Guide
- Part One: Reading Comprehension
- Part Two: Figure Visualization
- Part Three: Mechanical Ability
- Part Four: Math
This part of the test consists of reading a 5 page typed article in 15 minutes. You will then have to answer 25 true or false questions from memory.
You will have to look at a two dimensional pattern and envision what it would look like if folded on the dotted lines.
You will have to look at some illustrations and answer short questions about them. Questions are on leverage, direction gears are turning, or on area.
The math part of the test is worth 50% of the test. It includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, long division, addition of fractions, subtraction of fractions, multiplication of fractions, division of fractions, converting percentages to decimals, and you must know how to convert improper fractions into proper fractions (lowest terms). You must also know how to read a tape measure.
Take to the third decimal place, no remainders.
1) What is 976.87 ÷ 6.78?
2) What is 6/64 + 9/32?
3) What is 14 5/8 – 12 3/4?
4) What is 1895 x 456?
5) What is 6′ 8″ in inches?
6) What is 1/3 x 3/4?
7) What is 2/3 ÷ 3/4?
8) What is 16 ÷ 3/4?
9) Chance 1/8 into a decimal.
10) Change 35% into a decimal.
11)What is 12 x 1/3?
3) 1 7/8
8) 21 1/3
If you would like to Prepare more for the test you can visit this website; Pipe Trades Prep