Central Valley-Motherlode Pipe Trades Training Center
4842 Nutcracker Lane, Modesto, California 95356
Phone #: (209) 338-0758 option #2
Central Valley Pipe Trades Training Center has its own YouTube Channel, click on this link to take you there;http://www.youtube.com/user/Local442Videos/videos.
You may also want to follow us on Facebook! Central Valley Pipe Trades Facebook Page
The piping apprenticeship is a five year program where you will earn as you learn. The starting pay is $23.36 per hour and you will receive an upgrade every 6 months which will include a $2.60 per hour raise.
Along with the on-the-job training you will attend school two nights a week at our state of the art training center.
Ask Yourself These 3 Questions?
- Do you like a change of scenery every once in awhile?
- Do you like to work with your hands and your head?
- Would you like a career with a real sense of accomplishment?
Apprentice Application Process
- APPLICANT MINIMUM AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD. Proof will be required at time of application.
- All applicants must possess a high school diploma, high school proficiency certificate, or General Education Development certificate. In addition, all qualified applicants must be able to read, write and speak the English Language.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform all work of the occupation. A physical examination may be required by individual approved employers. If a physical examination is required by an employer, the cost shall be at the expense of the employer.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test paid for by the committee.
- Applicants must possess a valid California Drivers License at the time of indenture.
We want you!!
You may receive 1 extra point on our application process for each year served active duty with a maximum of 3, after receiving at least a 75% on the application test.
You could also receive an additional 3 points towards your application process for successfully completing an MC3 pre-apprentice program approved by the local Building trades council. Information can be found here; https://valleybuild.net/
To apply you will need to sign in and turn in a completed application to the training center office on;
October 4, 2023 between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Testing will be in late October
January 10, 2024 Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Testing will be in late January
April 3, 2024 Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Testing will be in late April
June 26, 2024 Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Testing will be in late July
Applications are available at our website or at the training office, please bring in your filled-out application along with a valid ID at the time stated above. You may only take the application test every 6 months pass or fail. Please see our website for a more dates and times.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 90 WHO APPLY
The Piping Industry Entry Level Assessment is taken on a computer and consists of 50 multiple choice questions and is divided into the following nine parts;
- Verbal/Critical Reasoning
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Basic Mathematics
- Visual Understanding of Common Tools and Their Uses
- Data Interpretation and Computation
- Understanding the Writing of Basic Mathematic Language
- Determining Dimensions on Typical Piping Diagrams
- Determining Ability to Understand Abstract Shapes and Drawings
All questions on this assessment are at the state of California High School exit examination level. The questions on this assessment are designed to determine if you have the ability to learn the skills needed to complete an apprenticeship program and become a journey level crafts person in the piping industry.
You must obtain at least a 75% to pass. Testing will take approximately 2 hours
You may only apply to this apprentice program every six months, pass or fail